View Full Version : Should I buy now, or keep holding out for 7?
04-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey, I've made the decision to purchase, but I am waiting for version 7 for XHTML validation. I would like it to be strict, but transitional would be ok. My understanding is that in 7 I will be able customize the output.
I really want to launch a calendar though, if I buy version 6 now, can I get an upgrade to 7 for free, or should I keep waiting?
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
The upgrade to V7 will not be free. Pricing has yet to be set. I can say that to upgrade from V5 to V6 was the difference in cost plus a processing fee. V7's upgrade price will probably be similar.
You won't be able to "customize the script" in V7, but it will be more template based allowing you much more control over the output. However, this option may not be immediately available upon V7's initial release, but will be a free update for licensed V7 users when available.
04-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, that sounds good to me. Is that fee that you mentioned going to be similar to the amount previously charged for upgrading?
04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
The upgrade price will probably follow the same formula as the last version...
NewPrice - OldPrice + ProcessingFee = UpgradeCharge
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Is there an ETA for V7? I'm looking but am unable to find yet.
04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Slated release is in Q2.
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Thank you sir!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.