View Full Version : Server upgrade now calendar displays junk
10-05-2009, 07:22 AM
My web hosting service upgraded me to a newer server yesterday and since then my calendar is displaying junk.
At this same time I was switching from using Mambo to using Joomla 1.5.
On the old server I had everything for both Joomla and Mambo working fine.
Once I moved to the new server, I found that the license needed to be reissued. I have done that about 15 times now and still cannot get this to work properly.
You can see what I am looking at by going to the following link http://mashworshipcenter.org
If you click on calendar my calendar legend is just as bad.
Any thoughts on how I can get this back up and running correctly?
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Your best best is to to an upgrade. Just follow the Upgrade section of the instructions. Also, make sure you're using the calendar that corresponds to your PHP version (our tester script will tell you what to download).
10-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I have tried upgrading the software on my server but I am still finding the same exact errors.
Could there be an issue in the files that were recently released?
Thank you for the help.
10-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Does the calendar itself work? Event Manager, Setup Manager, demo pages?
10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes the setup, events and demo pages work fine. They just no longer appear on my website.
I have my old copy of Mambo still working and the calendar for Mambo site works fine. Both Joomla and Mambo are using the calendar out of the same directory?? May be something wrong with the modules.....
10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a Mambo issue. You might want to start the integration process again.
10-07-2009, 06:53 AM
I finally figured out what the issue is. One of my other applications running on the server requires that I have 64mb of php Memory_Limit. In order to do this I needed to create a php.ini file.
The php.ini file only contained the change in memory but for some reason that was causing my issue. Once I remove the php.ini file everything is fine. Add the file back and get this bad data.
What is the deal with this? How can I fix this so I can reset the memory for the other application while keeping my calendar working properly?
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure why your server is doing this, but it's not the calendar application itself since it works without the integration. I've never seen this issue before, with any application, so I'm not sure the root cause.
Is there an in-between memory limit where it begins to display as expected?
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Nope - the screen populates with the junk. I have integrated this with Joomla and the two modules I created (the mini calendar on front page) and calendar legend on second page are the only two objects having this problem. Could there possibly be an issue with the code in the module (I did not change anything from the one you have listed in the repository for Joomla 1.5).
When I open the full calendar page the only issue is with the legend that I placed to the right. I used the EasyPHPCalendar module above and made tweaks so it shows the legend instead of a mini calendar.
10-07-2009, 08:01 PM
What's likely happening is that your default php.ini (not the one you're editing but the one configured by your host at the server level) includes the Zend/ionCube loaders. When you provide your own php.ini, you're omitting those commands and when requiring the encoded files (that are part of the calendar) it output junk as they haven't been processed by Zend or ionCube.
If you can contact your host to figure out what they have put in those lines and you duplicate those settings, I'm betting that it will fix your issue.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.