I bought the latest version yesterday. I have previously integrated PHP functions on HTML sites, but I can't seem to make this work.
this is what i did:
- On my HTML page - calendar.html - I placed the appropiate tags per the instructions and saved the page as - calendar.php
- I uploaded the unzipped files to a directory called calendar and changed the suggested files to 646
- I created a database in mySQL called events
- there are currently no tables in this database
- I went to setup and changed the username and password
- I logged into the configuration setup and made the appropriate changes
- when I connected to the database, I got this error:
The error was reported as:
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE startDate<='2004-4-' AND endDate>='2004-4-01'' at line 1
As an alternative, I tried the flat file method. you can view the result of THAT attempt at:
the aim is to have the calendar at 525px width inside a table. the finished appearance should fall in line with the rest of the site - instead of text, there should be the calendar. Also, does anyone know why my tags end up broken when I upload?
I work on a MAC, my host uses a Apache v1.3.29, PHP 4.3.3, mySQL 4.0.18 on linux server.
My experience of PHP is limited at best. Not only does the calendar not work, but the rest of my page is not visible. It could simply be a path problem (if it is I'd be unbearbly ambarassed
I would be eternally greatefull if someone can walk me through in small steps.